CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Trapezoids!!!!!!

Nevada has gone to Common Core Standards and first graders are now expected to identify and compose trapezoids. I have not been able to find a poem for trapezoids so I came up with this one. You sing it to the tune of "Frere Jacques."  I read this poem whole group with students several times over several days. We look for capitals, periods, highlight key words....then, on the last day (after I feel they really know the poem), students cut the poem apart. They mix up the strips, put them in order, then glue down on a piece of paper. Students put the poem in their personal readers to revisit.

1 comment:

  1. Johanna, you are a LIFESAVER!!!! My students are having a tad bit of difficulty grasping the shape names, especially the trapezoid... I think your activities will do just the trick. Miss you here btw!!!

    ReplyDelete