CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 23, 2012

They Call Me A Fireman...That's My Name! Writing Freebie!

I was just checking out Kim Adsit's newest Common Core math and literacy unit and it has the CUTEST firefighter glyph. Click HERE to have a look at her cute unit. I can't wait to do her Firefighter glyph...This little cutie inspired me to put together a writing activity to go with it. I am going to invite a firefighter into my classroom to discuss his job and share some of his tools with my kiddos. Below is my writing maps I use with my firsties to organize their ideas. Have a look...if you like how I have organized the maps and the process I have used to teach writing then you will LOVE my writing unit for first quarter. In this unit each lesson is described in detail how to present and teach writing using these maps. Click on the picture below to grab a copy at my store.

Click HERE to grab a FREE copy of the maps provided below...






Click on the Picture to check out my first grade writing unit...

Happy Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. I love walking my class to the fire department in October. Thanks so much for sharing all these great ideas!!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete