CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 20, 2012

Snowy Friends Find 10's { A 10 more/10 Less Game} and More!

I survived {barley} the 4 day week-pathetic huh! It always seems that the 4 day weeks always seem so much longer than a normal week. Anywho-I created a game for my kiddos to practice 10 more and 10 less. Common COre wants students to "Mentally" recall 10 more and 10 lees without the aide of the 100 chart-I don't know about you guys but that is a tough challenging concept for some of my kiddos. We have practiced counting by 10's from all single digit numbers as we transition from the mat to desks just to familiarize them with the concept a little more { and let me tell you it is hard for me!}. We also do this EVERYDAY at calendar but we have a HUGE 100 chart right there as well. I think it will just take LOTS of practice! {Just like this fun standard for our Firsties: true or false???? 3+4=5+6...Yikes!}


I love getting feedback so please let me know how it worked for you if you take a copy. Leave a little comment please ;-). Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. This looks great! Thanks for sharing! In the directions for the game on each page it read use a 100 cart, instead of 100 chart.

    Ali
    alischepis(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I guess a 100 cart won't work will it!!!! I'll fix that right now-thanks :-)

      Johanna

      Delete
  2. Johanna,

    I am a new follower to your blog and am in love! I have been stalking you! =)

    This is awesome! Thank you so much! My Firsties can always use the practice with this! =)

    I would love for you to visit me if you get the chance! I have TONS and TONS of *freebies*!

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Game!!! I will definitely be trying this one out:) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete