CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Domino Math

I have been surfing the "net" (surprising I know!) and came across this great activity for writing addition story problems at Mrs. Wills Kindergarten.  So I recreated my own version to suit the needs of first graders. I have created two versions, one for your mid to high achieving students...


...and one for your students who need a little more support.

I will give each team of students a bucket of dominos to choose from. They will choose one domino and draw the dots to match it their paper. Then, students will draw a picture to match their domino/number sentence story. For example, if the domino they drew shows 5 dots and 4 dots, then the student would maybe draw and write a story about 5 dogs at the park and 4 more came. Now there are 9 dogs. I can't wait to see the stories they come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment